Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fall Time in Utah

The other night I was walking home from campus ahead of me was a gorgeous sunset that was bright pink contrasting with dark pink, and at the tip of the sunset was a lush orange that filled with sky (if the camera on my phone worked I would have documented it for everyone to oohh and awwww about, but alas it doesn't). As I looked behind me I gazed upon the majestic mountains with tips covered in snow that reflected the light of the sunset and above that a full moon that was taking position for the night. It was during this walk that I realized sometimes, I take Utah, and the natural beauty that surrounds me, for granted. I have so many blessings in my life and the breath taking beauty of nature is one of them. I have been especially blessed this week because I witnessed three of those amazing sunsets....before the snow came:)

3 comments:

Katie said...

they were BEAUTIFUL this week!

Sarah Haynie said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful surroundings. Your description made me miss the beautiful mountains, sunsets, etc. of Utah when I was growing up there. Glad you took a moment to appreciate them. Love you!

Taryn Davis said...

Too true. Every once in awhile I realize just how gorgeous everything around us really is. Thanks for reminding me :)