Saturday, June 18, 2011

Clinsey Update!

Clint and I have been very busy this summer and also very blessed! Clint, being the amazing man he is, got an internship in Salt Lake City at Schneider International!!! I am so proud of him, he did great in the interview and has a wonderful resume, I know that he is going to do great at his internship this summer!!! Clint also did research for about 3 weeks on cars and got a great deal on a used car for us (so that we can both drive to our jobs this summer)!! As for me I have started cooking dinner again and started teaching at a summer school for special education! It has been a great experience for me so far and I know I am going to learn a lot. I am not sure if everyone knows but I am going to be teaching a class of students with Autism next year and I wanted to share this video I came across that I think can help anyone understand what a person with Autism feels and goes through. I hope you feel enlightened, I know I did! Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!

Vanessa said...

What an incredible story. Amy has been a peer model in an autistic class for the past two years. We've been to a few birthday parties for the children and it has been a real eye opener as far as the parents point of view goes. It is a daily struggle for each of them.

Sarah Haynie said...

Kinsey: Thank you so much for posting this story about Carley. Unbelievable that she is able to do so much. I know that you will make a difference in the children you work with because you care. I love you and hope some day I can come a visit your class. Thanks!

anitamombanita said...

Wow, Kinseybug! That was powerful!! I'm so proud of you and what you will be doing to help kids just like Carley. Te iubesc!!

SpencernAmy said...

So powerful. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to pass it on, too.

Marci Ward said...

Wow that is amazing. Thanks for posting that.

Rachey said...

You gave yourselves a Hollywood couple nickname! I want one! Any ideas?

Also, the story was very inspiring, I love getting to pick your brain about these kinds of things now, you're such a smarty.

KinseyBug said...

I think it was actually Marshal who gave us the Hollywood nickname but it has stuck:)

We should ask him about one for you guys, he is the expert.