Monday, April 12, 2010

Bees

I truly learn something new everyday. Friday I was sitting outside of my office enjoying the beautiful sunshine when I felt a sharp sting on my elbow...and it didn't stop. I threw off my jacket thinking I had a spider or some other kind of gross bug biting my elbow. As I was hitting my elbow, freaking out and ready to strip down (whew glad I didn't have to go that far) to find whatever it was that was biting me my friend David saw a bee fall out of my jacket. I had no idea Bee Stings hurt that bad!

I got some ice and froze my elbow off until the pain started to subside. I took some Benadryl to help that night and the next day I woke up to a bright red and swollen elbow. I swear it looked like I had elephantiasis. Today, three days later, 10 Benadryl later, my arm is no longer swollen but is still bright, bright RED!!!

So, what did I learn. Bee stings hurt like nothing else, don't ever think about striping down when in a panic, and I am slightly allergic to bees! Crazy!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Yes I agree Kinsey bee stings hurt, especially when you step on one.

Vanessa said...

welcome to my world. Everyone flips when they see my reaction. I hope it gets better soon...give it another week:)

Marci Ward said...

WHOA that wikipedia page was DISTURBING. Thanks for making me lose my appetite! HA HA. Sorry you got stung. Hope it feels better soon.

Unknown said...

I am sorry I laughed... Your reaction was just so funny! And you were only outside for like two minutes before I came downstairs! It all happened so fast!

Sarah Haynie said...

Mud is the answer! That is what my grandmother and mother told me. I have used it my whole life. Weird, I know. But cold wet mud seems to sooth and acts as a poltice. Honestly, next time try it. I know they hurt and I am sorry you had your moment in the sun spoiled by a little ole' bee. Love you.

Rachey said...

I knew you were allergic. One of my more traumatic childhood memories was when I accidentally left our front door open in Moorpark and you got out and were stung by a bee. Mom was really really mad at me. You have to know it was traumatic because I was probably only six at the time and still vividly remember it.