Friday, April 16, 2010

General Conference

I realized I have not mentioned anything about general conference when it was a really amazing conference a great time for families to get together. Clint and I were lucky to spend the weekend with his parents and grandparents. It is so fun to be with them whenever we have a chance. I have a lot of pictures from the past while to post so hopefully I will get to that soon.

As for conference I really enjoyed all of the talks. They all brought so much to think about, new guidance and light to bring into my life. One talk that I have been thinking about this morning was the one Elder Ballard gave one Women and their roles. I particularly liked the quote given by Joesph F. Smith “It is not for you to be led by the women of the world; it is for you to lead the . . . women of the world, in everything that is praise-worthy, everything that is God-like, everything that is uplifting and . . . purifying to the children of men”
I find this very inspiring for the women in our day. It is so often that I watch a t.v. show or look through magazines where this life in the business world and of luxury looks so appealing to me (I would never be able to attain this life style on my teaching salary anyway...but I wonder if my Mom did not teach me how important and wonderful the role of the mother is if I would have done things differently. I guess what I am saying is that I look forward to the day of being a Mom and teaching my family the important principles of the Gospel and the importance of being a Mother and Father some day.

I love that Ballard took the time to just address the ladies and remind us of pretty much how amazing and important we are. It is nice to hear that sometimes. I am grateful for the weekend of Conference that we have to hear from our Prophet, Apostles and other important Church Leaders. I am grateful for my life and for the Gospel that I have been taught in and someday I will teach my family as well.

"Sisters, we, your brethren, cannot do what you were divinely designated to do from before the foundation of the world. We may try, but we cannot ever hope to replicate your unique gifts. There is nothing in this world as personal, as nurturing, or as life changing as the influence of a righteous woman."

4 comments:

Sarah Haynie said...

You make your grandmother very proud and grateful that you came into this family. LOL

Heather said...

I agree! General Conference is so inspiring. I love your thoughts on womanhood/motherhood.

Stefani said...

Also I am requesting a post which includes a picture of your new haircut.

Clint said...

Dont worry Stef I will post one soon...Clint got a haircut too...so it will be a double special post:)