Saturday, November 7, 2009

I'm Engaged!!!!

I am sorry this has taken too long (Aunt Kristy) But I am finally putting it all up! General summary: I met Clint Sep '08 in Romania briefly in the city of Brasov. We met up again in July and went on our first date on the 8th and played tennis. Ever since he has been on my mind and I am lucky enough that I have been on his too:) We have been dating for almost 4 months and yesterday he asked me to marry him!

To preface the story he has been pulling my leg a lot and getting my hopes up that he might propose soon. Naturally, when he asked me to go on a picnic with him up in the canyon I told myself "Don't get your hopes up, he is just trying to throw you off." Originally he was trying to throw me off but then when he found out from his source I wasn't expecting it he changed his plans.

The picnic was perfect. He has Cafe Rio, Sparkling cider and a playlist of songs that are meaningful to both of us. We really enjoyed the picnic and just being together. After we finished eating we were lying on the the blanket just listening to music. Then he kissed me and as I pulled back and opened my eyes I saw that he was holding a ring in his hand. I was so happy and excited I just kissed him again before he could get the words out...but he did and asked me to marry him, which of course I said YES! I have never been so happy before in my life and cannot imagine spending eternity with anyone else. It is a great feeling when you just know that person is the one you want to share all your good and bad (future) experiences with.

If you want to know what was on his mind you can ask him at our wedding or give him a call at......you really think I would give you all his number...I know my family better than that. I love you all so much and Clint and hope you will all make it or try to make it to our wedding. It will be Jan 14 at the Salt Lake City Temple with our reception at Sundance. Enjoy the pics!!

Right after he proposed!

Up at Sundance after...my mom was the first to know and see the ring.

This is where we are having our wedding I am so stoked! So beautiful!

View option #1 of the Ring

View #2 It is incredible. I love seeing it on my finger!

9 comments:

Jenny Dunn said...

YAY!!!!!! I'm SO happy for you! You deserve it. Love you!!

Rach said...

woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (imagine a very happy Rachel face) CONGRATS!!! And I saw you two meet for the very first time :) I'm so happy for you guys! Also, the ring is beautiful.

Vanessa said...

How fun! Did you know I got engaged at Sundance? ....just a little tidbit:) We'll do our best to have at least one rep from our family at the wedding. Jamison and Amy said they want to go to your wedding and I said they wouldn't be able to go in the temple to which Amy replied, "that's ok, we'll just bring books and snacks and just wait." So cute.

KinseyBug said...

I love them so much!!! I sure hope you guys can make it:) Give the kids my love!!!

Sarah Haynie said...

I am so excited for you two and have already started making plans to be there. I am so glad that I got to meet Clint Ward (everyone keeps asking me his last name). Give him a hug for me. I know he is getting a very special young woman and from what you (Kinsey) have told me, he is just great! LOL

Ashley said...

kinsey!! congratulations!!! I had no idea!! You guys look like the perfect match. sooooo happy for you!!

Vern said...

It's about time! Congrats guys!

Katie said...

YAY! i am SOOOOOOO happy for you two! nice ring! woot woot!

Anne Steenblik said...

A little late in reading the story but YEAH for you! BOOH for getting married in SLC. Please come down soon so you can show him off. You are such a star so I can only imagine how bright he must be!