Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rumbi Island Grill....

Clint and I went out to dinner last night to Rumbi Grill because we got a gift card there from two really awesome people!! We were both pretty excited to get out of the house together and try something new (neither of us have been there before). Then something amazing happened, it has never happened before.....The gift card machine wasn't working and the man said these magical words "we will just comp it." What?! Our faces were so stunned we probably looked like deer in headlights, or more like poor college students who were just blessed with free FOOD! We just asked, "really?" (still with our stunned faces) "uh, yeah, its not your fault the machine is broken." Our response should have been "in that case can we change what we ordered...."

The rest of the night Clint and I were walking on air.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

I LOVE it when things like that happen...however I am still waiting for that particular one to happen:)

Sarah Haynie said...

Sounds fun! Hope you liked the food because you still have the gift card. I went there with Aunt Dawnelle one time. Not too bad. Glad you had a night out. LOL

Vern said...

Rumbi Island grill is where I took Cory to surprise him with his surprise trip to Hawaii. I think that's what you should do next time you go. :)

Stefani said...

Whoa whoa whoa... How have I not discovered this little secret blog before now?!! Now I can stalk you guys when Clint doesn't call me back...

Unknown said...

Stefani told me about your blog and there I was reading it for almost an hour! Good stuff! I feel like I got to know you a little better and that made me happy. Our five minute conversation at the Lion House dinner just wasn't long enough! I look forward to seeing you and Clint again, hopefully this summer. Please tell my cute little brother to call me sometime. -Julianna
And...Happy Birthday this weekend! Hope your day is wonderful.

KinseyBug said...

Thanks Julianna for the birthday wishes...and I did not think that this blog was a secret but SURPRISE:) I will pass on the messages to Clint.