Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Party..Another awesome activity with the Branch in Iasi!

We had our Branch Christmas Party tonight and it was a blast!!! I spent the afternoon decorating and helping wrap up sarmale for the dinner. So, we had a spiritual thought on the birth of our Savior during this Christmas Season, We sang Carols, Brother Nicu read a poem in Romanian and I am not sure what he said but I could tell that it was a beautiful poem:) We had a great time eating and laughing with out friends and taking a lot of pictures. It is weird thinking I am going home in 5 days because it feels like this is a new home to me now. I love it! Below is a picture of our friends, Alexandra, Mary, Rozi, whom I have mentioned in past blogs. Anyway, I just love them and I am going to miss them so much! Thank goodness for facebook!
Group picture!!!

Me, Ionut and Robby! Oh, and I must give credit for the hat to my Mom and Rhett...My Mom told me to buy one and Rhett chose it out. It was like $1, pretty rad deal!
We are singing carols in Romanian, love it! Brother Nicu (He is in the middle) has an incredible voice!!

We had 4 big dinner tables going. There were a lot of people!
Mor Craciun! Translated into English Old Man Christmas and translated to out culture Santa Clause!
More Kandid Pics

Brother Nicu again and his son

Alexandra, Chelsea and I

Craciun Fericit Everyone!!! I will be home so soon and can hardly wait to show more pictures and videos with those that I love the most! Happy Holidays and make this Merry Season the best and serve others!!!

2 comments:

Rachey said...

I honestly have never loved church more than when I was in small branches in foreign countries. The branches I attended in India and Cambodia were the best, you just get so close with everyone!

Can't wait to have you home. And seriously, that hat is amazing.

michelle said...

It looks like it was a great party and a great party hat! We are counting down the days now and getting the decorations out so the fun can begin. Here's to decorating with you next week!!