Friday, June 5, 2009

Archie Comics

"THIS AUGUST, PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE ARCHIE STORY YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D SEE, AS ARCHIE PROPOSES TO VERONICA!

The eternal love triangle is the cornerstone of Archie Comics for over 65 years--and the bane of Archie Andrews' existence! In fact, over the years it has not only defined the Betty/Archie/Veronica relationship, but has even threatened to dismantle it a time or 2."



I cannot even Believe it!!! After over 65 years the characters from the Archie Comics are finally growing up and getting married...I thought they have been in High School for a really long time. Here is my opinion on the whole thing: First, I never liked Veronica and a part of me was thinking that Betty so deserves Archie but then I remembered something...Archie does not deserve HER! He has been so flaky to Betty all the time and she was always second on his list compared to Veronica. So, Veronica and Archie do deserve each other. He deserves a high maintenanced wife that will drive him crazy all his life. And Betty well she just deserves the best of them all!

If you have not guessed yet Betty was always my favorite character and I always related to her when I read those comics, scratch that still read:) I wonder where the comics will go after they get married? Is this going to be there "series finale"? Your thoughts....

6 comments:

Rachey said...

Betty deserves the kind of guy that hasn't even been written in an Archie comic yet. Jughead is too spacey, Reggie is too materialistic and scheming and then there is Moose who can't even talk like an adult.

She deserves a Ryan.

On Archie and Veronica, he will never be able to provide for her the way she wants, so she will end up leaving him and moving in with dear old dad again!

How is that for cynical?

KinseyBug said...

You tell 'em Sista!!!! I concur completely with all your thoughts:)

The comics need to end with Archie wanting Betty and realizing she is the one but she just burns him because she found her "Ryan" so to speak...haha

Rachey said...

mmm hmm, Archie needs to be dumped! Thats a dealbreaker ladies!!

KinseyBug said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The marriage killed off Li'l Abner and Daisy Mae....What, you never heard of Li'l Abner and Daisey Mae....???Ever hear of Sadie Hawkins Day? Right out of Li'l Abner....Grandma D

Rachey said...

I have heard of Lil Abner, but I don't think I've read any of the actual comics.