Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rainy Days

The past few days it has been quite cloudy here and we have only had a very light rain on occasion. Its days like these though that make me want to curl up on my couch with a good grilled cheese and tomato soup and watch a good chick flick (my most recent favorite is He's Just Not That Into You). Unfortunately, my life is too busy to allow any time to just relax and enjoy myself and then as a result I just want it to be sunny so that I can have the energy and drive to keep on keepin on with school and work. I have decided though if this weekend it is still rainy and cloudy I am going to take Saturday off to do exactly what I said above.

This weather also brings back many memories of Colorado and the thunder/lightning storms we had there. I loved those! I remember just sitting in the kitchen watching the lighting hit the ground and counting how long it took the thunder to follow...the rumor was for how many seconds you counted that is how many miles away it was from your house. Yesterday I was sitting in my room looking out at the stormy clouds wishing for one of those freak storms that are so fun to watch and run around in (I like a lil danger what can I say).

1 comment:

Rachey said...

Pretty sure I'm having grilled cheese and tomato soup tonight for dinner. Oh the power of suggestion! Don't even think about saying the word donut around me! Aww, crap, I said it, now I want a donut.