Monday, January 31, 2011

Friday Night Adventures

This past Friday was one of the most memorable Clint and I have had together. We started the afternoon off with helping a friend move some stuff and the time started running out to when I needed to be at a visiting teaching appointment..so Clint dropped me off at the appointment and my companion agreed to take me home. Now remember this part of the story it will be important later: before he dropped me off I said to Clint, "Hey, don't lock the house because I don't have my keys." Visiting teaching goes well and I get home try the door, its locked, look under the mat for a key, no key, go into the laundry room because I am freezing and it turns out that room is not that warm either. I call my wonderful husband to discover that he was running late to work and forgot. No prob bob. What school are you working at tonight (Clint is a referee for high school basketball). He tells me he will be at Timpanogos High (I dont know why but in my head that translate into Timpview high). You may wonder what the difference is between the two, about fifteen minutes of driving.

So, I call literally all the friends I have in Provo to ask for a ride and I finally got a hold of one....Beatles Bryce and his wife gave me a lift to Timpview. They are so nice and good friends. They drop me off and I walk into the school to discover that Clint isn't there and I am at the wrong school....so wrong. Lucky me Rachel kept me company for quite awhile until Clint called to tell me what school he was at, which meant back to the grind to find a second friend to give me a ride to a different school. Lucky me I have some awesome friends. This time Kristen and her husband picked me up from Timpview. As I waited I talked to Rachel again and watched the high school drama going on. You would think this next step would be easy getting from one school to another. Well, when I talked to Clint to get directions to the new school our conversation got cut short because his phone was dying and I was nervous we would lose each other...Long ending short Kristen and her husband took me to TImpanogos and we ran into Clint at a stoplight..CHINESE FIRE DRILL! Thanks to my loving sister I was still in a good mood as I got in the car with my husband. I was ecstatic to see HIM!!!!

I hopped in the car with my hubby as he started to apologize profusely and as I started to complain about how I was starving and had a headache so he had to get grub in me soon! Being the sweetheart he is Clint pulled into the parking lot of Bombay House (MY FAVORITE INDIAN RESTAURANT)! This was a huge deal Clint doesn't like Indian food, he hates the smell even more and is always ragging on my love for it. I was shocked and so happy that my husband loved me so much and felt so bad about a small mistake that he would get Indian food with me. Sadly, there was too long of a wait for my liking so we grabbed some Gurus (2nd to Bombay). Anyway....long story short always have your keys on you...or text your husband while visiting teaching to remind him to leave a key:) Good Bye and Good Night!

4 comments:

Heather said...

So sorry! What a night! I kind of forgot about Guru's. I used to eat there all the time. Yum.

Sarah Haynie said...

My image of you (Kinsey) prevailed! There is no way I could imagine you getting in the car and being angry at that sweet husband of yours. Comgratulations on getting Guru's. I am with Clint when it comes to Indian food! :) Love you both so much.

anitamombanita said...

Love shines! Even in midst of cold and hunger and confusion. Te iubesc, my little Kinseybug.

Rachey said...

It worked out well for me too because you kept me company while Ryan was gone playing b-ball all night!