Saturday, January 15, 2011

January, Friday, the 14th

Our first anniversary was amazing! The week started looking grim because Clint got scheduled for work on our anniversary. He used this to his benefit to fool me into thinking he was working on our FIRST ANNIVERSARY! I was supportive on the outside, but on the inside I was very sad, about the whole situation. Friday night got to the point when he walked out the door in his uniform I was hoping it was all a joke or on Punk'd or something.....and then he was gone. As I was blogging and chilling in my pj's there was a knock at the door and there was my handsome husband with a dozen roses (each one had a note attached about something he loved about me) all dressed up and ready to sweep me off my feet. I was so shocked and excited and flustered because I had no time to do my hair or make-up before our reservation. First, I received these beautiful roses....

Then as I stepped into the car there was a gift certificate on my seat to get a manicure and a pedicure...

We made our way over to the Riverwoods where we got to walk around and see the romantic and beautiful lights.


Then we ate at a new restaurant called La Jolla Groves. It was incredible! My new favorite place to eat and such a fun atmosphere.

The restaurant has fake trees with lemons hanging down, its pretty rad. There theme is obviously the lemons so they have dishes based off of that. Pretty cute and the service was fantastic!

We finished up our meal and Clint had one more surprise in store. He took me to his old apartment complex and we got out of the car and stood at the spot where he decided that he only wanted to date me and no one else (but he was still not quite ready to be official). It was a good step though in the right direction. The ironic part is that was the same day that I decided he wasn't interested and I really should just leave the poor guy alone. Boy, was I wrong:)

Lastly, we enjoyed a lovely movie at our classy $1.25 theatre out here in good ol' P-Town! It was a perfect night all planned out by my amazing husband. I love him so much and could not have asked for a better Anniversary or a better husband.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he should write a book...that was quite an anniversary!

Heather said...

I'm so proud. Way to go, Clint!

Vern said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! Congrats guys - you're so stinkin' cute together.

Sarah Haynie said...

Clint you are a winner! I really know that because you picked Kinsey and she is a winner too! Love you both and so glad that you had such a very special anniversary. Love and Hugs!

RyGuy said...

I would like to congratulate you both for remembering your anniversary.