Sunday, March 27, 2011

Festival of Colors

Ever since I have been in Provo I have wanted to go to the Festival of Colors at the Hare Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. I have been to their services before for a class and I found their beliefs and interests intriguing. After being here for over five years I finally made it with my amazing husband to celebrate my birthday month (Clint and I decided we are going to celebrate birthday months in our family, not sure how long that will last once we have kids but it is great while its just the two of us)!!! We had to walk over a mile to get there and get back but it was worth it. It was insane, it was hard to breathe and there were colors everywhere! As fun as it was, it was a one time thing for me.





4 comments:

Vern said...

Oh my gosh, that looks so fun! I remember when some hare krishna monks came to one of my religion classes to speak. It was fascinating!

Heather said...

I always wanted to go to the hare krishna temple there, but never made it. It kind of looks like Woodstock without the drugs. :) By the way, Happy Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

I always wanted to go and there was a always some stupid reason I couldn't go... okay, not STUPID reasons... my brother in law got married, I had a baby... you know. So, I lived in Provo for four years and never made it to the Festival of Colors.


PS We also celebrate birthday months and it is awesome.

RyGuy said...

A. Great pictures, except for the gross kissing one.
B. Just thought I would comment as proof that I visit your blog on occasion.