Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I have the coolest job

Many of you may want to argue this point but come on I really do have the coolest job. I get to play with kids all day, eat delicious treats, play games, have recess, I get fall break, thanksgiving break, christmas break, spring break and summer break and I still get to go to awesome assemblies....but they are better because I am the adult now, so I have more freedom. 

For example, today we had a day with science stations around the school where we participated in all kinds of experiments, and got to look at gruesome things through a microscope and the coolest part was when we had an assembly where a reptile guy came. Since I am a teacher and adult with more privileges I got to touch the python snake that is almost 7 ft long and really wide....like it just ate a cylinder shaped animal that is 3 ft around, whatever that might be. It was really gross but so RAD at the same time! 

And the rumors are true, kids do say the darndest things and they just love everyone unconditionally and well, lets just say that my self esteem has never been higher before in my life.  I was with kindergarten kids the other day and they asked how old I was and I said 20 and they all went off telling me how old their moms are, the ages were 21, 18 to 94. This is just one example of the love that kids just have, today we had a science fair thing and I went back to class with a kid, Brysen, and when we sat down he was suppose to write in his journal and I asked him what he was going to write about and he said simply with a really cute smile, "I am going to write about why I love you". That is the sweetest thing a guy has ever said to me and he is only 9. 

I do not get paid that well but for a job this fun who cares!? And since I am only supporting numero Uno I really don't have to care. And did I mention I get to eat school lunches again, I must say they have improved since I was there, or maybe I am just not a picky eater anymore, oh wait I never was. 

3 comments:

Rachey said...

You are cute. I'm so glad you love your job. Not many can say that.

Marshal said...

ha, i need to use that line thanks for the tip

Sarah Haynie said...

Thanks for the post. I love hearing about your day and mostly I love that you LOVE your job. I remember to this day the teachers that I KNEW really cared about me. Keep up the good work, the kids need teachers like you. Miss you already. GS