Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kids these days...

I just have two funny stories from some kids I work with at school.

On Monday I walk into a first grade class that I work with on math (remember these kids are 6 years old) and one girl comes up to me for help and I look at her and notice something is off....after trying to figure out if she cut her hair or what I realize she had stuffed her shirt (because she does not have a training bra yet). The whole time she was holding her shirt awkwardly so that the TP wouldn't fall out. I looked at the teacher and we both giggled as she knew exactly what I was thinking; I just hope she learned that from her older sister:) 

There is this kid Brysen (who is also a first grader) and I am not sure why but he has acquired quite the crush on me and constantly is telling me how much he loves me and stuff......he is just a great self esteem booster! But yesterday after I worked with him on spelling he took of his jacket because they were getting ready for PE; he walks over to me to show me his PE shirt and says (as he is swaying and flexing his arms) "Miss Kinsey, what do you think of me now?" I just smiled and said "I think you look like you are ready for PE!" 

Bon Apetite! 


2 comments:

Rachey said...

so cute! what a fun job you have

Sarah Haynie said...

I am sure you are a ray of sunshine in those kids life. You are awesome and what a great response. I see you have been in training for those situations. :) I am so glad you are having such fun experiences. Sorry I missed your call last night. LOL