Thursday, April 23, 2009

Virginia

Some of you know I have been in Virginia watching my adorable nephew while Rachel brings the mullah home and Ryan studies his lil heart out! While being here I have been able to enjoy watching Liam smile, babble, cry, fall asleep on my shoulder, roxy cuddle with my legs in bed at night, laugh with my sister while I try and imitate how my parents imitate the chicken dance from Arrested Development (Go to randrrailroad.blogspot.com to learn more), I have eaten a variety of delicious food and well the list could keep going on......and this all leads into one story that I want to tell about Rachel today. 

We were driving home from the park when we reached an obstacle....it was one of those annoying roads where they allow parking on both sides of the road but here is the catch, when there are cars on both sides only one car can fit through them. So, we are cruisin like HOTT ladies in their new mini van, yes I said mini van, when we stop and let, not only ONE, but TWO cars drive through this trap first. Well, we just assumed it was our turn and there were no cars coming up close or quick so we continue our cruisin like HOTT ladies in the van and then it happens a car filled with teenage boys starts coming at us. 

We are like, oh no you didn't and started honking to make them stop and then it all came down to a game of chicken (who are we kidding we are in a beast and they were in some small contraption of a car, we knew we were going to win) and WIN we did. 

They finally stopped and let us through and as I look over I notice they are all laughing and I'm like "what you fools laughing at we are some HOTT mothers (well technically only rachel) just cruisin!" Then, here is the kicker, Rachel is all flustered and mad at the boys and then looks at me and is like, "Oh, I am sorry did I embarrass you in front of your peers?" My Peers! Woman, don't you know I am 21! 

So, moral of the story, Rachel my birthday was a couple weeks ago, yes I am 21 now, not a teenager anymore, far from, and NO I do not go for younger men:) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally laughed out loud when I read this. Hahaha and I still am.

I MISS MY COUSINS. You guys are too funny!

Rachey said...

Sorry I embarassed you, I guess none of those guys will be asking you out anytime soon:)