Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Facebook

My Grandma (I will not specify which one) has a phrase she uses a lot when we harass her for her addiction to Diet Coke "I can give up Coke anytime I want to, I just don't want to". Once upon a time my Grandma did give up her Coke for "health reasons" but I think it was to just prove all of her grand kids wrong! Well, for the past 4 years that I have had facebook I have thought the same thing many times, I can get rid of my account anytime but I just don't want to. Well, as of late I have realized that I am on facebook way too often for one's own sanity and it takes away from my schoolwork, I tend to make assumptions about my old and new friends lives but I would rather not have to make assumptions. Is it too hard to call up a friend and have a quick conversation to catch up....apparently so, but not for me anymore! I am going to be old fashioned, use a phone, no more texts, with the exceptions of emails and my blog:) Oh, so here is the real news that this whole post is about...drum roll.....I GOT RID OF MY FACEBOOK!!!! It has only been a few hours, but I am feeling pretty free, and having some withdrawals but with everyone's support I know I can do it (sarcasm). Thank you Grandma for being my inspiration! I think I will give up texting next (more to come).

5 comments:

Jenny Dunn said...

Kinsey Davis, I am so proud to call you my friend. I believe in you. :)

KinseyBug said...

Thanks J-Dawg:) I am pretty stoked!

Natalie said...

I wish I was brave like you. Giving up facebook for me, is like voluntarily giving up a lung. I don't think I can do it.

KinseyBug said...

My grandma is not really addicted either she just loves the stuff...and who am I to judge when I crave Dr. P all the time!!! just wanna throw that out there

anitamombanita said...

yes, you're feeling free, but I, on the other hand, am feeling cut off from my KinseyBug... Te iubesc!!!