Monday, September 15, 2008

My Kids

Today was the second day of working with my kids. I want to tell you all a little but more about each of them so you can get an idea of who I spend most of my time with. Claudia, she is 3 years old and the sweetest little girl ever. She could spend hours with you holding her at the window point and asking questions. She also loves cats and the best way to help her stop crying is by giving her her toy cat. If I could bring one of the kids home with me it would be her; her smile and laugh just lighten up the room. Ghiorcel is a boy that is 2 years old and has his sweet moments. After playing with him a couple of days Rhett and I have noticed that he shows sign of autism. He is really fun to play with but if you ever put him down or do something he does not like he will scream so loud that all of Romania can hear him! The last is Mihaela!! I could write a book about this one. She is the most difficult child and suffers from attachment disorder to the extreme (at least that is what I think). Any attention is good to her, even if it is bad and scolding, and she wants you all to herself even though there are two other kids to attend to. We pretty much have a power struggle the whole time. Since she has a crush on Rhett whenever she is mad or wants some kind of attention she will come to me and hit me, kick me, pull my hair and even spit in my face. At one moment today I really felt like I was in a movie when she started to throw a huge tantrum at me and just going at it....at one point I just finally grabbed her and pulled her into my arms and started to sing, she was still lightly hitting me and crying but then finally resigned and just cried into my shoulder. After a few minutes she lifted her head up looked at me and kissed me on the cheek. That was just a such a sweet moment that for a second I forgot how hard she is to deal with. And then it all started again. Anyways, I really do love these kids, even though some are easier then others, and I hope that over the next few months I really can reach out to them, love them and teach them something. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Rachey said...

Thats so great that they have you with just the three children. Keep up the good work!

tiffanychow said...

hey lovely! you're such a darling to those kids, they're going to LOOOVE you if they don't already, which i'm sure they do. :D missing you and praying for you! <3 tiff