Monday, October 13, 2008

Gypsies.....

The word "gyped' originated from the bad reputation of the gypsies, or some may say good reputation depending on where their morals lie. One of the few countries that gypsies originate from is Romania...so being lucky me I got to experience not only being "gyped" but being "gyped" by the founders of the word. Sadly, I had all my money in my wallet that they stole because that day I took almost all the money out of my account due to an amazing exchange rate that everyone was afraid we would not see again out here with our economy slowly drowning. Anyways, I got to experience being robbed for the first time, and I even saw the girls and should have just grabbed them but something held me back like fear or shock...but my Dad being the awesome man he is made me feel better when he said "you just made their week and now they will be able to eat for the next 2 months; so really, you did something Christlike without even knowing." But the joke is on him because now he needs to give me money:) On the bright side I got to ride in a police van with like 5 other cops and talk to a detective lady who specializes in the gypsy theft.

This is the scene of the crime...darn gypsies...jk I am not racist just a lil mad
On a good note Saturday we took a trip up into the mountains to see the monasteries...so beautiful!!! And it was refreshing to get out of the city and go somewhere quiet and serene. These are only a few pictures.


And we stopped at a mini zoo/bison reserve....I don't know about you but that fence does not look like it would hold these fellas in if they really got mad.

7 comments:

Travis and Liz said...

That stinks that you got robbed, you should of done some kung-fu fighting moves on them but maybe next time,jk. Have Fun love ya

michelle said...

I think you should rent on of those Bison and take him everywhere with you - on a leash of course and with a very large pooper scooper. I think that would take care of those pesky gypsies!

Rachey said...

Mom, you're hilarious. The image of a bison on a leash and a giant shovel/pooper scooper is just unforgettable.

Anonymous said...

We immediately wanted to know if they had Grandpa's guitar...did ya see it? Grandma D

Vanessa said...

I like the bison and leash idea. Maybe they rent bison...did you see a sign?

Sarah Haynie said...

This is "not fair" that my little granddaughter got ripped off by the gypsies. But Dad is right, they are enjoying the spoils. I am glad that you are not hurt. And, the bison idea is worth trying to rig up a picture to send Mom. All they can say is "no" leashes and no pictures. Love you and "be careful where you carry your money in the future." GS

Anonymous said...

Kinsey-I can't believe how horribly ironic this is. And you wanted to think so good of the gypsies. Well, all I can say is-"Don't let the bastards get you down!" I love you, and we should talk again.