Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Scabies!!!

Alas, I have unfortunately been blessed with the experience of having scabies! For those of you who do not know what it is let's start with a picture:
So, all over the inside of my body I have these lil bugs crawling around and living off of my skin. It sounds really gross and if you want to know more you can go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scabies. It looks gross and sounds pretty gross but really all I can see are small mosquito bites all over my body, but they don't go away without a special medicine and they spread pretty quick. The itch like crazy too. I have had some nights when I woke up because my body was so itchy that it could not be ignored. This is because, according to my good friend wikipedia, nightime is when these bugs surface.......yeah gotta love the experiences I am having here.

I am not allowed to go to the orphanage until I do the special treatment because it can spread pretty easily. Today I have been home washing all of my clothes, sheets, pillows, towels and anything else that has touched my body and then I have to iron everything inside and out to make sure all the scabies that could still be living in them are dead. That is about it, I think after this I have experienced everything I possibly could over here....throwing up all night, awful cold that lingered for about a week, my wallet got stolen and now scabies.

8 comments:

Sarah Haynie said...

Can't tell you how sorry I am that you have scabies. I am sure it is miserable and then to add insult to injury you have to stay home and not be with the children. I will pray that you get rid of them soon and that noone else gets them. I am itching right now thinking about it. Love you, hang in there and I am sending you a big grandma hug, scabies can't stop this ole' grannie. XO GS

michelle said...

Just think how much improved your ironing skills will be. In fact, I think I will have you iron all of my sheets when you get home! Don't pirates get scabies? Or is that scurvy? Whatever it is, I think you are now officially a pirate!!

Vanessa said...

Arrrgh....matey.

Vanessa said...

Oh...I guess it also gives a whole new meaning to KinseyBUG.

Rachel said...

I love that in spite of all the craziness you still have a smile on your face in all of these pictures! That awesome smiley Kinsey still comes through.

We love you! Aunt Rachel

Kimberly said...

AHHHH, Kinsey!!! That's crazy! I'm so sorry you have to go through that. Yikes. Wow--you'll be telling that story for the rest of your life, probably. Hang in there. I hope you get all the bugs out...reminds me of the time when I was a kid and had pinworms, but that's even grosser, so I won't elaborate.

KinseyBug said...

After ironing everything I think I understand now why some people iron their underwear...it gives it a nice firm feel.

Rach said...

yeah, it totally agree about the ironed underwear thing. i felt the same way when i had scabies :) haha