Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sfanta Parascheva Festival/Iasi Days

As most of you know from my last post on Gypsies my wallet was gyped as was my Saturday night which was suppose to be my night out in the town to enjoy the festival, shop and try some authentic foods was stolen as well. I got lucky that I am here with amazing people who all pitched in to give me some money so that I could get my whole Festival day experience in! So, yesterday was the day for me to make up for lost time. I am going to start by putting up pictures of all the food that I consumed yesterday, and for those of you that have weak stomachs you may not want to look because you will be so disgusted with everything that I ate! But here goes....

It all started here...look at all that meat!! Oh, and as a disclaimer the day before I barely ate anything to get ready for this day of bingeing and I only had a yogurt for breakfast.
Not just 1 but 2 plates of food!! One was a chicken Kebab with fries, the other Oaie (lamb) with an order of fries....and a water to wash it all down!
This is how crowded Iasi is during the Festival, especially on the last night with the concert
Gogosi (donuts) with chocolate and rasberry sauce...and I got the smaller portion to save some room for everything else.
Kurtos....Amazing!!!! My favorite dessert out here as of NOW! It is bread cooked over coals and it is hollow in the middle but you can get all different kinds...cinnamon, chocolate, coconut, nuts etc but they are all covered in sugar and deliciousness and are best warm right off the grill thing!
Some of my friends out here squished at the concert!
The Cotton Candy Man and I
Swedish Singer
Ribs, Huge Sausage, Bread and Mustard
CHURROS!! The closest to mexican I will ever get out here! Comes with chocolate sauce and a sweet tomato sauce. Oh, and let's not forget the 2 cokes I had to keep me going.
Fireworks...This was the best firework show I have ever been to!! It was incredible!

I do believe that that is all..or I sure hope so cuz it was a lot. The best part about the whole "food" experience is that at the end of the day I was not sick at all and did not have to drink a whole bottle of tums like I was expecting.

10 comments:

Rachey said...

I really am amazed.

Marshal said...

mad props to your stomach also did anyone else notice that on the churro container it spells mexican "mexicane"?

KinseyBug said...

Well considering I am living in a different country that speaks a different language it makes sense that mexican is spelled differently.....just a thought

Vanessa said...

holy crap...no wonder you wanted to throw up. You really ate all that in one night????

Anonymous said...

you're cute! i wish i was there with you! looks like so much fun!

michelle said...

Joey Chestnut better watch his back!

Vern said...

I've never seen a Cotty Candy man look like THAT before or I'd start going to more carnivals!!

Rach said...

hahaaaaaaa...oh, Kinsey. That is amazing. I feel so proud and lucky that I was able to witness the consumption of so much food. Foarte bine!!!

KinseyBug said...

Why do you think I ate so much food....all the vendors were looking pretty good;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I've ever been so proud of you before. I'm insanely jealous that your stomach can hold all that goodness. And I love that you took a picture with the cotton candy man...He looked pretty delicious too :)