Saturday, October 4, 2008

SATURDAY NIGHT!

Last night was different from most. I went with the Sister Missionaries to Sister Doina's house...now a little history on her, she is a single mother of three and a member. Her youngest is 8 months old and was premature. This pregnancy was a difficult one and ever since her daughter has had a lot of health problems due to being premature, and they do not have the money for the surgeries. So, you can imagine that is has been difficult for her and her children to make it to church. I went with the Sisters because I am in charge of Primary and they are hoping that they kids will encourage their mom to go more if they know me and like me. Well, it seemed to work. We had a great dinner with them, played lots of games, Paty (9 year old daughter) loved playing with my hair, and then Doina (the mom) shared her testimony with me and her conversion story. It was so sweet and the spirit was so strong that I could not help but get chocked up and just have a huge burst of gratitude for this church and my testimony! They said they were going to come to church today but this morning there was a huge thunder storm and so much rain that by the time I got to church it was as if I just got out of a pool, but anyways, the storm prevented a lot of members from making it today. I will just pray for good weather next Sunday so that they will make it.

Last night I also got my first proposal from one of Doina's neighbors. She came over to bring dessert and saw me and right away told me how beautiful I was, told me I was a diamond and perfect....I won't lie I was feeling pretty good at this point! Then she went home and came back with pictures of her son who is in Italy becoming a chef and kept calling me "nora" which is daughter-in-law. Then she stayed for an hour just trying to convince me to stay in Romania and marry her son, it was very entertaining. Mom and Dad I might just come home with a Romanian, Italian chef for a husband:)

Oh and Katie, a girl in our group who I totally love and have become really great friends with, is experiencing a lot of health problems right now. She apparently has two blood clots in her left leg and they are trying to get her to Vienna to stabilize it but it looks like she is going to have to go back to the States to get the treatment she really needs. I am going to miss her so so much and please remember her in your prayers.

One more thing..at Doina's she asked me to say the prayer at dinner and I said it in ROMANIAN!!! It was the best feeling ever and I really hope that I can just keep practicing and improving on my language skills.

4 comments:

michelle said...

I sure loved talking to you this morning and hearing about your weekend first hand. I hope they can make it to church next week too. What a amazing time you are having serving Gods children of all ages!

Sarah Haynie said...

Hey, I just am bursting at the seems with pride and I love you so very much. Take care of my very wonderful granddaughter. Grandma

Sarah Haynie said...

Oops! I really do know how to spell seams. :)

Brenda said...

Dear Kinsey,

Howdy girl! It's great you're having such a neat time over there. I'm so happy for you and all the good you're doingl
Sorry I haven't taken the time to read all your blog, but I just scanned through and looked at pictures and headings. Wow.
Things are busy around here getting ready for Clark to come home. It is both very exciting and a real spiritual experience.
Today he is going to Disneyworld with another elder and 3 young men he baptized. I do not know if this is a tradition in his mission or if only certain elders are sent there. Anyhow, then tomorrow he moves into the mission home for final dinner and testimony meeting and then Wednesday he boards the plane. We are very excited.
Kimberly and her daughter arrive tonight. Kimberly found out the baby she is pg with is a BOY so we are all very excited about that.

Love you, Kinsey! Have a great day.

Love, Sis K